1. THE EXAMPLE OF RECOUNT TEXT
Mohammad Ali is still one of the most recognizable men on earth. And decades after the burst upon the scence as a gold medal winner at the 1960 Olympics in Rome, Italy, Muhammad Ali remains a magical figure, know and loved throught the world.
Ali brought new speed and grace to his sport, and his charm and wit changed forever what we expect a champion to be. His accomplishments in the ring were the stuff of legend : two fights with Sonny Listen,. Where he proclaimed himself “The Greatest” and proved he was ; three ambitious wars with Joe Frazier, the stunning victory over George Foreman in Zaire; and dethroning Leon Spinks to become the heavyweight champion for the third time.
But there was always far more to Muhammad Ali than what took place in a boxing ring. His early embrace of the Nation of Islam and his insistence on being called Muhammad Ali instead of his “slave name”, cassius clay, introduced a new era in black pride. His refusal to be inducted into the united states army anticipated the growing antiwar movement of the 1960s. and his willingness to stage his fights in different countries such as kinshasa, Zaire, Manila, the Philipines; and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, signaled a shift away from super power dominances toward a growing awareness of the importance of the world.
Today Ali is a deeply religious man who causes feeling of love and respect where he travels.
2. ANALIZE OF THE TEXT
Below is a simple analize of the text:
- Title: Mohammad Ali
- Orientation: Paragraph 1(one), it tell about what occurred ,where the story occurred, who was involved in the story, when it happened, or why it happened.
- Events: Paragraph 2 untill 3, a series of events tell the story. These are describe in time order.
- Reorientation : In the last paragraph, it is the closure of events (usually optional.
Below is a simple dominant language features:
- Using past tense: Recount text use past tense because the events occur in past time.
- Using action verb: This text use action verb (kata kerja tindakan) because recont text is about event who are doing by somebody or some body else, such as go, sleep, run, ect.
- Using adjectives: Recount text use adjectives for explaining nouns, for examples, funny, beautiful, ect.
Bchtiar bima mustriana, Cicik kurniawati, Yuniarti d.arini,2006, PR Bahasa Inggris untuk smp/MTs, Klaten, Intan Pariwara.